I seem to have a case of bookus interruptus lately–that is, I start books, but can’t finish them. I have a stack of half-finished paperbacks by my bedside. I haven’t given up on any of them yet, but we’ll see. The last book I actually finished was “The Chief” by Monica McCarty. This was my first McCarty novel, and I enjoyed it, so I’ve embarked an another, one of her Highland books (the exact title escapes me at the moment).
I am eagerly awaiting Deirdre Martin’s newest; I love her hockey books. I’ll also probably pick up Lisa Valdez’s long awaited “Patience.” (I’m going to show a great deal of forebearance here and not make any cracks about the irony of a long-delayed book being called “Patience”.)
Outside the romance millieu, I’m working my way through Doris Kearns Goodwins’ “Team of Rivals” about the cabinet of Abraham Lincoln. Always nice to mix a little gravitas in with the fun stuff.
So what am I missing? Any recommendations for me?
Follow Me on TwitterMy Tweets
Keep in Touch with My Latest News
- I’m in Entangled’s holiday anthology, available for preorder for only 99 cents!
- New for the holidays: A three-author bundle from Entangled!
- My Christmas gift to you: My mom’s English toffee recipe!
- Screwball, the next novel in the Hard Hitters series, now available!
- High Heat, a Hard Hitters Novel, Is Now Available!