Finished reading “The Naked Edge” a couple of weeks ago. It’s the latest in Pamela Clare’s I-team series that details the exploits of investigative journalists at a fictional Denver newspaper. It was a strong entry in the series. So many suspense novels have reports as protagonists, but they’re not often done well. Clare is a former reporter herself and the books are extremely real, with a lot of great atmospheric detail about life in a newsroom. (I wonder how long this type of story will be viable, however, with digital media killing off the mainstream media at a rapid clip. Also as a side note, it’s unbelievable what a huge pain in the butt the prevalence of cell phones is to a romantic suspense writer these days. It’s really hard to come up with ways to put people in danger and make sure they don’t have handy access to a cell phone to call the police.)
Follow Me on TwitterMy Tweets
Keep in Touch with My Latest News
- Coming March of 2018! A new book by my alter ego, Jessica Martyn
- I’m in Entangled’s holiday anthology, available for preorder for only 99 cents!
- New for the holidays: A three-author bundle from Entangled!
- My Christmas gift to you: My mom’s English toffee recipe!
- Screwball, the next novel in the Hard Hitters series, now available!