No, really, I mean it. I’ve been laboring in unpublished obscurity for some time now. I started off writing manuscripts that really, well, sucked. I’ve improved a lot over the years, but recently, I’ve started to feel like I was treading water. I had identified everything I could identify that was wrong with my writing and improved it as much as I could. Critique groups and partners, mostly unpublished too, were helpful as well, but only to a limited degree. They were mostly unpublished also and not in my genre. But now I have an editor whose sole job is to provide suggestions to make my manuscript more saleable, and who knows my genre well. Her suggestions are invaluable, and I find myself taking her recommendations to heart and thinking about how to incorporate them in future work. Hopefully, when/if I make another sale, the editing process will be a lot smoother, because I will have handled some of these issues from the beginning.
Follow Me on TwitterMy Tweets
Keep in Touch with My Latest News
- Coming March of 2018! A new book by my alter ego, Jessica Martyn
- I’m in Entangled’s holiday anthology, available for preorder for only 99 cents!
- New for the holidays: A three-author bundle from Entangled!
- My Christmas gift to you: My mom’s English toffee recipe!
- Screwball, the next novel in the Hard Hitters series, now available!