I’m (hopefully, fingers crossed) about to sell a Western short novella that I’ve been working on for months. The editor likes it, but wants some changes, and we’re in the midst of a lot of back-and-forth that will hopefully result in the manuscript being purchased. Anyway, when I was writing the story, I did some research into the Clark family. Nowadays, the heiress to the Clark fortune is best-known as a mysterious hermit. I did my research on her father, however: William Andrews Clark, a man who made his money selling goods and supplies to miners in Montana, and also through copper mining ventures of his own. He later wound up as a (very undistinguished) U.S. Senator who was forced to resign due to corruption. My hero is based (in terms of work history, not character!) on Senator Clark. The Clark family is the basis of this fascinating slide show because of renewed media interest in the hermit-like life of Huguette Clark:
Follow Me on TwitterMy Tweets
Keep in Touch with My Latest News
- I’m in Entangled’s holiday anthology, available for preorder for only 99 cents!
- New for the holidays: A three-author bundle from Entangled!
- My Christmas gift to you: My mom’s English toffee recipe!
- Screwball, the next novel in the Hard Hitters series, now available!
- High Heat, a Hard Hitters Novel, Is Now Available!