Six Sentence Sunday, Feb. 27th

Happy First Anniversary, Six Sentence Sunday! To celebrate, I’m giving away an ebook version of either one of  my novels, Montana Belle or Forget-Me-Not, reader’s choice. To enter, leave a comment containing your email address and indicate which book you would prefer.
Here is this week’s snippet. I call it, “Lara in the Tub.” She thinks she’s alone. . .

A vague, uneasy skitter of alarm went through her, but before she could piece together what the cool draft meant, she heard a second sound that was unmistakably a footstep. Her eyes flew open, her gasp changing to a scream when she saw the dark silhouette of a man standing over her in the dimly lit room. She lunged for the side of the tub unthinkingly, but only flailed and fell back into the water with a mighty splash.
“Please don’t drown yourself, or fall and break your neck. I want the pleasure of throttling you myself.”

This entry was posted in Forget-Me-Not, Six Sentence Sunday. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday, Feb. 27th

1. Jackie says:

Ooo!!!! very interesting!xxAngelahttp://angelasstone.livejournal.com

2. Oh no! He's after her? I want to know what happens!

3. omg, great excerpt!

4. Casi says:

Ok, that's giggle worthy. You did a great job of ratcheting up the scary tension and then turning it loose into giggles at the last moment with just a hint of sexiness to come.

5. Absolutely chilling. I can sense Lara's panic and hear that calm but threatening voice. What a great hook line. Wonderful six.

6. Laura Kaye says:

Definitely makes you want to know who the guy is and what he's there for

7. Sarah Grimm says:

LOL! Love this six, Linda!~Sarah

8. That is a great last line!

9. Lisa Fox says:

Lol! That is a great six!

10. The clumsiness here is exactly what would happen to me…thanks for making a character so believable

11. joder says:

Very full of tension and I'm dying to know why someone's after her.I'd love Montana Belle if I get chosen.joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

12. OMG, I didn't expect him to say that. I hope to read more!

13. Fab last line! Very good six!

14. Great last line! LOL

15. Lauri J Owen says:

Fab six! And please enter me in your contest. I'd be thrilled with either book!

16. Intriguing six! Nice snippet. You create a vivid picture.

17. Cathy M says:

Great six and I really liked the storyline for Forget Me Not.caity_mack at yahoo dot comn

18. Cindy L says:

She's in a very vulnerable position and you can sense her fear at being caught off guard.cbandy10(at)hotmail(dot)com

19. Oh, love the way you built up the sinister suspense and then switched us to the hero in the doorway. Angry, bent on throttling, or not! Fun!

20. Trish says:

Great job of building the tension/suspense and then throwing a twist the readers way with that last line. I doubt she is out of the woods yet, though. He sounds angry enough to make her life uncomfortable- at least until her nakedness hits him. *BG*

21. Seleste says:

Very intriguing six! I definitely want to know more 🙂

22. What a great, fun read. The last line made me smile.

23. Jayel Kaye says:

Just makes me want to know more. Lots more

24. Emily Cale says:

That last line caught me off guard. Love it!

25. Lynne Murray says:

Eeek! Suspenseful six–up until last line, which does a quick 180, still suspenseful but not scary! Cool!

26. Katrina W says:

Throttle you ! hmm now that could be taken one of two ways lol Now intrigued as to who this mysterious man is !! Loved the snippet !! katwww.pageflipperz.blogspot.comkittee_cat@bigpond.com

27. oh my, what a scene! Nice suspense, ending with either a cheeky, playful remark, or something very sinister is about to happen!

28. oooh! what an evil place to cut this off ;)great six!