Six Sentence Sunday, Apr 17

Ok, so sue me, I snuck in a seventh sentence today. Consider it a bonus! This is another bit from my WIP, By Hook or By Crook, which is sort of a crime caper. Joe and Ivy have just placed a wager a game of pool. Joe demands his forfeit–a kiss from Ivy if she loses:

“You seem to be pretty confident that you’ll win,” Ivy said.
“Hell, yeah. I know it.”
“Then you shouldn’t have to worry,” she said.
He shoved his chair back and rose, extending one hand. “Chalk your cue and put on some more of that lip gloss, woman.”
“Lip gloss?” Ivy asked.
“I want to find out if it tastes as good as it looks.”

Check out other Six Sentence Sunday snippets here:

This entry was posted in By Hook or By Crook, Six Sentence Sunday. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday, Apr 17

1. Cate Masters says:

So glad you included the seventh line! It's definitely a bonus. 🙂

2. graylinfox says:

Seems he is as interested in the lip gloss flavor as the woman! Great snippet.

3. lol great last line!

4. Sarah Grimm says:

Yup, the 7th sentence was a necessity. Great 7!

5. Hehe, cute six and yup, I agree, your 7th line was a definitely bonus. great last line. Great six!

6. Jayel Kaye says:

Full of himself, isn't he? Just give him the lipgloss and walk away!

7. I enjoyed the snippet!

8. Fun snippet–I like both characters' confidence. (Though I agree with Jayel it'd be hilarious if she just hands him the lip gloss.)

9. *chuckle* Love his confidence! Wonder if he will love the taste? Guess I will have to wait and see if you post more of this next Sunday! *hint* hint*

10. Cara Bristol says:

It can be a challenge to pick six. There always seems to be one line before or after the six that needs to be included!

11. Lindsay says:

That seventh line was the clincher. He's so cock sure of himself. Love it. Hope she sinks the eight ball in his pocket. Oops, corner pocket

12. You gotta love a confident man. Great six!

13. Oh, yeah…guess he's feeling just as confident! I get the feeling he'll be sampling that lip gloss soon enough. 🙂

14. Thanks for the comments, guys! Another great Six Sent. Sunday from everybody. See you next week.

15. LOL! Great sparks between them!

16. And this is why flavored lip gloss was invented. :P~ Renee

17. Cute last line!Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the read.All my best,Allure Van Sanz