Joe did that a lot, she realized. He excelled at creating distance between them when he didn’t want to be reached. This is how it felt to want something really, really bad that you can never have. If she were Daisy, she would say it sucked, big-time. She wasn’t Daisy, so she rose and walked away, waiting until she was safe alone in her room to let a few quiet tears fall.
See other Six Sentence Sunday snippets at http://www.sixsunday.blogspot.com/.
Follow Me on TwitterMy Tweets
Keep in Touch with My Latest News
- I’m in Entangled’s holiday anthology, available for preorder for only 99 cents!
- New for the holidays: A three-author bundle from Entangled!
- My Christmas gift to you: My mom’s English toffee recipe!
- Screwball, the next novel in the Hard Hitters series, now available!
- High Heat, a Hard Hitters Novel, Is Now Available!