Six Sentence Sunday, June 17

Some very good news: I sold BY HOOK OR BY CROOK! Yay-uh! My comic contemporary romance with gangsters will be published by The Wild Rose Press. The contract is signed but I don’t have a release date or any other info. In celebration, here’s a snippet from that book. My h/h, Joe and Ivy, are in a remote cabin, on the run from gangsters, when they hear an ominous noise outside and realize they may not be alone:

Joe disappeared into the bedroom. A minute later, he came out, tucking a handgun into the back waistband of his jeans.
“You have a gun?” Ivy was shocked. “Why did you bring a gun just to help find my sister?”
“It comes in handy in case I need to shoot somebody,” he said, his expression grim.

For more Six Sentence Sunday, go here.

This entry was posted in By Hook or By Crook, Six Sentence Sunday. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday, June 17

1. Love the last line. πŸ™‚ And congrats on the sale — that's exciting!

2. Vonnie Davis says:

A new contract! Awesome news. Great six, by the way. Love it.

3. Karla Doyle says:

Yay, congrats on the contract!Good comeback about the gun, Joe. Lol

4. Paula Martin says:

Comgrats on the new contract – woohoo! Love his 'stating the obvious' reply to her!

5. Congratulations on the new contract! How exciting!I loved your hero's comeback. Well if you ask the obvious…lol

6. hahaha! I love this response! So casual, like it's an everyday thing for him. Fabulous. congrats on the contract! Very awesome news!

7. Nice snippet. Congrats on the contract!

8. Eleri Stone says:

LOL. Evasive but funny.

9. Jess Schira says:

Whoo Hoo! Great news on the contract. I really liked this week's six, though I can't help thinking that Ivy should have some sort of physical reaction when she sees the gun, widening eyes, increased pulse rate, rocking back to here heels. Just a thought πŸ™‚

10. Calisa Rhose says:

Great last line! Love this. Congrats on your contract Linda! πŸ™‚

11. Great last line, Linda, and bells, whistles, and hoots on the contract. You, go girl.

12. LOL. Love Joe. You can almost hear him saying 'well, duh!'

13. I *love* this! He's my kind of guy!

14. I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on your sale! YAY!

15. Linda Morris says:

Thanks, everybody! I'm pretty excited about this one. And Jess, it's funny: I wrote this a year ago, but when I was creating this post, I thought that I needed some physical reaction as well! Ah, well, that's what edits are for.

16. Great scene. I really like the humor.Congratulations on your sale! I'll be watching for your book.