Six Sentence Sunday, July 15

Here’s a tidbit from something new I’m working on, a contemporary set in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, at a destination wedding. It’s giving me fits, so who knows what will become of this one. Here’s a bit of dialogue I  like, though. The bride is trying to fix Ally, the maid of honor, our heroine, up with the best man, but she’s more interested in Andrew, another member of the wedding party. Andrew knows about the fix-up and can tell she’s tepid about it, so he asks her what she thinks of the best man:

“I just met him, obviously, but he seems nice,” Ally said.

“Oh, come on.”

“What?”

“You don’t describe a guy you’re interested in as ‘nice.’ ‘Nice’ is the lady at the flu clinic when you’re a kid. She lies and tells you the shot won’t hurt a bit, and then gives you a sucker after you scream your head off.”

For more Six Sentence Sunday, go here.

This entry was posted in Destination: Wedding, Six Sentence Sunday. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday, July 15

1. Kate Warren says:

LOL! I like that dialogue too! I'd say Andrew is interested in Ally.

2. Fun dialog, these two sound like they'll be fun together.

3. I love the banter here! Great six! Oh, Andrews smitten. Now if he can just get Ally to say she is, too. 🙂

4. Maddy says:

I''m new to six sentence sunday, but it looks like it might be fun.

5. He wants to get an idea of what he might need to change, to get her attention?the receptions not over yet, though, I'm guessing!

6. Vonnie Davis says:

Love your six. The chemistry is sparking from one direction. Now to get it to spark from the other. What fun!

7. K.E. Saxon says:

ROFL! I can definitely see why you liked this bit of dialogue. Thanks for sharing. I hope you can muddle through and finish this, it sounds like a fun premise. Great six!!

8. LOL! I love this! I love his candor here. Great six!

9. fantastic dialogue 🙂 sounds fun!

10. Sarah says:

Loved that description of the clinic nurse. Sounds like the dialogue between these characters was a lot of fun to write. 🙂 Great six!

11. Calisa Rhose says:

I so agree with what nice is! Great anf funny six Linda.