Weekend Writing Warriors, April 7

wewriwa_button

Chello, fellow fans of the written word! Hope you’re having a great Sunday. I’m excerpting from my WIP, a contemporary romance called The Mason Dixon Line. Not a lot of set-up here, except that this is told from the heroine’s point of view and she’s ticked at our hero:

He’d embarrassed her and he knew it. What’s more, he enjoyed it. He was so damn superior, with his moral rectitude and his above-it-all views about teachers. And cell phones. And shopping. And cable TV and texting. He probably disapproved of sunshine and rain, but he hadn’t gotten around to saying so yet. Now he had the gall to imply she was loose, which she wasn’t — most of the time.

Whoa, I don’t think these two are going to work it out, do you?

For more WeWriWa fun, go here.

This entry was posted in Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Weekend Writing Warriors, April 7

1. FCEtier says:

I like it! Opposites attract.
    If they don’t make it, you’ve got a story.
    If they DO make it, you’ve got an even better story.
    Sounds like a match made in heaven to me! LOL

2. S. J. Maylee says:

He probably disapproved of sunshine and rain…<– too funny. This has got to be one entertaining read. Fun snippet.

3. I disagree with rain on days that I want to go out! 🙂 I liked the touch at the end with “most of the time”.

4. I suspect they’ll hit the sheets in no time flat – she’s got the emotional energy in full swing – sexual tension here we come!

5. Zee Monodee says:

LOL! Can feel a fantastic conflict brewing here! Looking forward to seeing the sparks fly and the fireworks explode 🙂

6. Opposites attract. This is just foreplay. lol

7. Never say never where love is concerned LOL. Enjoyed this snippet, can’t wait to see what does happen next!

8. Karysa Faire says:

I think there’s quite a lot of hope for these two. Excellent tension between the two.

9. Vivien Dean says:

They’ve got nowhere to go but up from here, lol. Thanks for sharing!

10. He probably disapproved of sunshine and rain… ROFL This is great, lots of tension between these two.

11. Claire says:

Eh…they’re just winding the springs a little so the release of all that tension will be that much more spectacular. Wind away!

12. Oh, I think they’ll work it out all right…right into the bedroom. I see fireworks in their future. 😉 Terrific snippet. Sounds like fab conflict!

13. Time for her to get out the handcuffs…