Weekend Writing Warriors, Contemporary romance excerpt, April 21st

wewriwa_button

Wish me luck, folks. A proposal package for The Mason Dixon Line has gone winging its way off to the publisher. While I wait to hear back and get some beta reads done on this bad boy, I’m starting something new, a one-night-stand-themed story. Here are the opening lines of this sexy story, set in a luxurious Sedona spa/resort:

“You have to do the shiatsu. I had one back home a month ago. Fantastic.”
Marisa Finley frowned under her rapidly drying carrot-ginger-tumeric facial scrub.
“What’s a shiatsu?” It sounded like an usual breed of dog.
I’m taking my shiatsu to the groomers this week to have it shampooed and blow-dried. And possibly be-ribboned.

To check out more WeWriWa fun, go here.

This entry was posted in Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Weekend Writing Warriors, Contemporary romance excerpt, April 21st

1. Elaine says:

This made me smile. I have no idea what the Shiatsu is but the carrot, ginger, and turmeric facial scrub has my face shrivelling at the thought πŸ˜‰ This sounds like a change in direction. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed your snippet.

2. Eleri Stone says:

Ha! I like her already.

3. Karla Doyle says:

Cute! Love the visual.
    Good luck with the proposal and the new story!

4. ajnuest says:

Love this already. I chuckled my way through. Great job, Linda!

5. May the shiatsu force be with your proposal! Very cute snippet. I can see the fluffy little dog, covered in ginger-carrot-tumeric scrub! LOL!

6. Hum… got me wondering what the heck a shiatsu is. Fun snippet!

7. Oh this will be fun, I can tell! Terrific snippet and good luck with the proposal for the other book!

8. Ha! “I’m taking my shiatsu to the groomer’s…” too funny. Nice glimpse at the character. πŸ˜‰

9. I like this heroine already. Nie 8.

10. utecarbone says:

Great opener. I imagined a dog, too. Can you get them reribboned? Lol

11. S. J. Maylee says:

Ha! That’s funny πŸ˜€ Good luck on the proposal.

12. Karysa Faire says:

πŸ™‚ Shiatsu massage sounds pretty good about now after sitting in front of the computer for the past few hours.