By Hook or By Crook Releases! Contemporary Romance Snippet

ByHookOrByCrook_w7526_300

Welcome, Weekend Writing Warriors! Today I’m celebrating the release of my contemporary romance, By Hook or By Crook, in all e-formats and print. This is one of my favorite tidbits. The hero, Ivy, is a spoiled heiress and art historian. She’s discussing a valuable sketch by the German engraver Albrecht Dürer with the hero, Joe, who is an ex-cop, and Ramirez, who is a crook. She’s just explained that the sketch is priceless, but Joe and Ramirez ain’t buying it:

At Ramirez’s doubtful look, she said, “Well, priceless to a true lover of art, that is. Nothing in the art world is truly without a price.”
Her eyes roamed fondly over the admittedly odd looking rhino.
“Um, had Dürer ever actually seen a rhino?” Joe asked.
“Well, no,” Ivy admitted. “He most likely drew it from a description.”
“Must have been a shitty description,” Joe said.

rhino

That’s Dürer’s sketch. Realism wasn’t his strong suit, I guess. To buy or read a longer excerpt of By Hook or By Crook, go here.

For more Weekend Writing Warrior fun, go here.

This entry was posted in By Hook or By Crook, Weekend Writing Warriors, Wild Rose Press and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to By Hook or By Crook Releases! Contemporary Romance Snippet

1. Nan says:

Fun scene! Heading to Amazon now to get By Hook or By Crook!

2. Gemma Parkes says:

Ah the armoured animal! Fun snippet.

3. Oh, what fun last line! Such a great snippet.

4. Karla Doyle says:

Very cute. Love the last line!

5. Great snippet! Love Joe already!

6. ajnuest says:

Great chemistry in this snippet. I love it! And I love that picture of the rhino. I think it’s outstanding. Does that make me a true lover of art? LOL

7. That last line is hysterical.

8. willablair says:

Terrific byplay between them. Good job!

9. FCEtier says:

Actually, I like the rhino — and the description of it! LOL

10. I’m with the others, I quite like the rhino, he has character! Oh, the *snippet* LOL – enjoyed it very much obviously!!!

11. Linda Morris says:

LOL, everybody loves the rhino! I like him too, I admit. My sympathies are with Ivy here, even though he’s perhaps not the most realistic rendering I’ve ever seen. Durer’s work is amazing–so far ahead of its time.

12. Oh, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Great snippet!

13. Sarah W says:

I think it’s a perfectly lovely Rhinocerdillo. 🙂 And I love her explanation of the value of art–the men may not get it, but they know what they don’t like!

14. Vivien Dean says:

Great sense of humor in this. Well done!

15. Karysa Faire says:

I don’t know–I think it looks pretty close to the real thing. 🙂

16. Valley Brown says:

Actually, Durer could make wonderful drawings from life. He did a tiny patch of earth with grass that is incredible. Imagine if he could have drawn a rhino from life! Anyway, I can so empathize with the comments the two guys make! Great snippet!

17. LOL That picture is something else. As is the conversation about it. LOVE that last line.