Weekend Writing Warriors, Just a Touch contemporary romance snippet

BorderCollie

Morning, Weekend Writing Warrior fans, and happy Mother’s Day! I’m switching it up a bit this week, and including a snippet from a Sedona-set spa story called Just a Touch. My heroine is waking up in the hero’s bed after their one night stand, which is a novel experience for her. She’s pretty modest and insecure about her body, too, as this snippet describes:

She was alone in the bed, if you didn’t count about fifty pounds worth of border collie. She sat up, clutching the sheet to her chest, and immediately felt stupid. Did she really care if a dog saw her boobs?
No doubt strange female boobs were a common sight around here. The dog probably yawned and thought, “Oh, goody. More ta-tas.” After all, she doubted she was the first woman Gage had ever brought home.

For more Weekend Writing Warrior fun, go here.Ā

This entry was posted in Just a Touch, Weekend Writing Warriors and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Weekend Writing Warriors, Just a Touch contemporary romance snippet

1. LOL — this is great. It sounds like a fun book, and I love the Sedona setting (one of my fave places).

2. Karla Doyle says:

Awesome snippet, Linda. Love the tone. šŸ™‚

3. jessschira says:

This snippet made me laugh out loud. Great job!

4. Zee Monodee says:

LOL! Love this light moment. Thanks for the laugh šŸ™‚

5. ajnuest says:

Love the sarcasm. Totally made me laugh. Great snippet!

6. Kate Warren says:

Funny! I like the dog. Nice touch.

7. Too funny. Dogs do see some weird stuff, but they always seem cool about it.

8. Karysa Faire says:

Bwahahaha! Too funny! Love the pic of the dog, too as he looks like my own Frodo I had as a child.

9. Well that’s different and unexpected! Terrific snippet, loved her thoughts.

10. Love this! Totally relatable, and definitely chuckle inducing! Great 8, Linda! šŸ™‚

11. How great! Tongue in cheek fun. I’ll follow along for the ride

12. I like the idea of her waking up with the dog instead of waking up with Gage.

13. Haha. I’m sure there are dogs who think, “Oh, nice ta-tas!” LOL! Love this snippet.

14. Oto says:

Funny that she’s worried about a dog seeing her boobies. Snicker.