Weekend Writing Warriors, Contemporary Romance Snippet, Just a Touch

wewriwa_button

Hi, romance fans, and happy Sunday! I’m posting an excerpt from my Sedona-set WIP, Just a Touch. Not a lot of set-up needed here. The heroine is musing about her uncharacteristic and immediate attraction to her massage therapist:

She never got the whole instant attraction thing. For her, courtship took time. She had to get to know a guy, talk about bands and movies, find out if he was financially responsible, and ask carefully-worded questions about his political beliefs before she let herself be interested in him. Any wrong answers along the way derailed her interest. It was just the way she was.

Apparently she’d found an exception to that rule because she frankly didn’t care who Gage had voted for in the last election.

i_voted_election_pin-r89d15482aff448cf9a0e775e38cdec0c_x7j3i_8byvr_512

For more WeWriWa fun, go here.

This entry was posted in Weekend Writing Warriors, WIP and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Weekend Writing Warriors, Contemporary Romance Snippet, Just a Touch

1. Good! I have a feeling she needs to let go and loosen up (from your description of her) and this new guy sounds like just the one to do it with LOL. Terrific snippet!

2. Kate Warren says:

During a massage I don’t care about much of anything. She better be careful and make sure it’s not just an infatuation based on how good he is with his hands.

3. She’s kind of careful, isn’t she? ๐Ÿ™‚ I like how you’ve given us such a great insight into her character with just a few lines.

4. I agree, you did tell us so much about her with just a few lines. Great job.

5. pennyalley says:

You didn’t just tell us a lot about her, but you also insinuated volumes about him as well. Nice snippet!

6. There is always the exception to the rule! lol Loved the snippet!

7. Sarah W says:

Never stop to poll . . . unless it’s an election year! ๐Ÿ˜‰

8. katewyland says:

Love the last line. Time to be spontaneous.

9. Karysa Faire says:

Bwahahaha! I can so relate! Fun snippet.

10. Chandra Lawrie says:

This is a great snippet…I am deeply intrigued! I have a good recommendation if you are looking for a very interesting read. Fallen Angel by Jonelle Patrick. This covers just about every genre, Cont. Romance, fiction, thriller, mystery. worth a look, I wasn’t sure I would like it but very much did. Just throwing that out there! jonellepatrick is where you can find the info! I need to read the snippet again, it’s worth a few reads!

11. historysleuth1 says:

Oh I can see how a decent massage could change your perspective. ๐Ÿ™‚ Funny snippet, and it showed a lot about her character in so few words.

(Hope my comment gets through this time. WP was not cooperating yesterday at all.)

History Sleuth’s Writing mysteries.

12. Ahh, she wants a man with a slow hand…and I think she found him! Danger danger! ๐Ÿ˜‰

13. Valley Brown says:

Have to agree with some of the others — in those few words, we really got a glimpse into her personality, and of the impending emotional conflict.

14. Hmmm the power of a good massage? Well done! Intriguing snippet.