Contemporary romance Sunday Snippet, Just a Touch

Happy Sunday, folks. Or, if you’re in Indy like me, Happy Race Day! Welcome to the Greatest Spectacle in Writing, otherwise known as Sunday Snippet/WeWriWa. This is a quick snippet from my sexy Sedona novella, Just a Touch. The heroine is feeling a bit insecure about not measuring up to her hero’s looks and level of sexual experience. Earlier in the book, she jokingly calls him “man-whore,” which he disputes. He speaks first:

“Keep talking. You were telling me how hot I am.”
“As if you don’t know you’re a stud.”
He rolled his eyes. “Yeah, I thought I already explained I wasn’t a man-whore.”
“Well, no, not professionally. I thought maybe you were an amateur, though.”
“‘Gage Acton, Amateur Man-Whore’ — I need to get business cards printed up.”

For more WeWriWa fun, go here.

For Snippet Sunday excerpts, check out their page on Facebook.

20 Responses to Contemporary romance Sunday Snippet, Just a Touch

1. That’s becoming a little bit tense. She is going to end up making him run away if she insists that much.

2. What a funny exchange. I like his response, getting some business cards printed up. LOL!

3. LOL — I had to come over and check this out after seeing your tweet. He’s such a good sport, and I love how she clarifies that she meant “amateur, not professional”. Fun!

4. Sarah W says:

I think “Gage Action” would be a good name for a professional . . . just add an “i”. 🙂

I’m getting a sense that he’s keeping his annoyance reigned in, but maybe not for long?

5. ldsmith1818 says:

Hahaha Wow I love a funny hero. This guy is great! I can’t wait to read more!

6. Elaine says:

This was a great 8, lots to see and even more to imagine. I loved the humour and the patience your hero showed. He sounds like quite the man.

7. Loved the fun banter. The hero has a great sense of humor.

8. Fun banter or chasing him away? I can’t tell yet.

9. I loved it! Yes, get the business cards printed! lolol. Great excerpt, Linda! 😉

10. At least he has a sense of humor about it all, but I’m with the others – that can only last so long! A terrific snippet, can’t wait for more.

11. A smashing last line there.

12. kaycimorgan says:

I’m glad he has a sense of humor. It makes me like him even more.

13. I like the banter, and the fact that he has a sense of humor.

14. Kate Warren says:

Funny. I’d be interested to know what kind of pictures go on THAT business card. I love the humor in your writing, Linda.

15. Karysa Faire says:

Great excerpt. I can see how this could go either way and I’m looking forward to reading more. Funny how a guy could take that as a complement… hopefully she’ll get her insecurities reigned in before it does harm!

16. Carol Duff says:

In spite of her awkwardness, he seems to be eating it up, or checking to see how far she will go. “Keep talking, You were telling me how hot I am.”

17. I like the banter. Even more, I like that he can joke about what she says instead of being insulted. Says a lot about him

18. katewyland says:

He might joke, but I’d think her comments would get old quickly. Curious to see where this goes.

19. Gemma Parkes says:

Funny snippet! I’m glad he can take a little teasing!

20. siobhanmuir says: