Snippet Sunday, The Mason Dixon Line, New Adult

masondixonfinalKindle

Hi, everybody. Welcome to another excerpt from my forthcoming release, The Mason Dixon Line. It will be available for the Kindle on Feb. 3rd!
Without further ado, here’s some dialogue from my hero, Mason. It comes after a black moment when my heroine, a shopaholic who is in debt up to her eyeballs, is questioning their relationship after reverting to her old compulsive-spender ways:

“When I first met you, I thought you were like most of the teachers I knew in school. No imagination, no ability to think outside the box. Obsessed with rules and doing things the way you’ve always done them. But for a while there, I convinced myself I was wrong. I thought you had the imagination to dream something bigger for yourself. A life with less stuff and more—” he waved his hands around as he searched for the word. “Heart. But now I see I was right the first time. Your problem isn’t your bills or even liking nice things. Your problem is a serious lack of imagination. You can’t imagine being different than you are.”

For more great Snippet Sunday excerpts, go here. Amazon Top 100 Series Romance bestseller Melting the Millionaire’s Heart (this book’s prequel) is available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. For other platforms, check here. And to keep informed on future releases, feel free to Like my author page on Facebook.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Snippet Sunday, The Mason Dixon Line, New Adult

1. Sarah W says:

I really like this, Linda—I can feel his frustration. And iIt’ll be interesting to see her reaction!

2. Chip says:

Enjoyed listening in on the conversation. It was real, believeable, and filled with echoes of which most readers can identify.
    Kudos!

3. Valley Brown says:

Ouch! Guess he told her! Dying to know that whole conversation for sure. Good snippet!

4. P.T. Wyant says:

On the other hand, compulsive shopping can also be a cover for depression or other issues. (You get a “high” from the new purchases, then feel bad because you spent all that money, so you buy more to feel good again… Vicious cycle.) It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

5. EverWriting says:

Hard words from a truth-teller. I wonder where they’ll go from here…

6. He seems to have a firm grasp of the situation. I wonder how she’ll react? Best wishes with the book, excellent excerpt!

7. elainecsc2013 says:

One of the best excerpts I’ve read lately.

8. “Your problem is a serious lack of imagination. You can’t imagine being different than you are.” Those words really hit home for me right now. Something to keep in mind even for us not-so-new adults.

9. Linda Morris says:

Wow, I’m seriously touched by all the reactions I’ve gotten to this story. This book is very near and dear to my heart and was a labor of love, for sure. Thank you all!!!

10. He is being pretty harsh on her. Even if she has a problem he is sure not showing he loves her for who she is but more for who he wants her to be.